This new reference and textbook on orthodontics and orthognathic surgery includes the latest content on surgical orthodontic techniques. Presenting the most comprehensive and sophisticated information available, it explores the integrated orthodontic and surgical management of patients with dentofacial deformity.
Includes an entire section on diagnosis and treatment planning — with a strong emphasis on the diagnosis of soft tissue problems.
Explains methods for treating certain dentofacial deformities with distraction osteogenesis.
Provides current information on integrated treatment, where the orthodontist, the oral and maxillofacial surgeon, and/or the plastic surgeon work as a team to achieve the ideal result for each patient.
Discusses the newest computer technology for prediction/imaging techniques to view the probable “after” results before treatment ever begins.
Includes up-to-date content on surgical complications and how to manage these problems.
Real-life case studies visually take the reader from pre-treatment to post-treatment for the many techniques taught in the book.
Provides content on adolescent growth and its relation to orthodontic treatment, maturational changes, and the treatment of asymmetric facial deformities with surgery and orthodontics.
Includes colorful cephalometric tracings to illustrate the before-and-after results of surgery.
Pre- and post-surgery cephalometric radiographs show the changes to the structures of the face and jaws.
About the Author
William R Proffit, DDS, PhD, Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC Raymond P White, DDS, PhD, Chapel Hill NC David M Sarver, DMD, MS, Birmingham, AL
Table of Contents
PART 1: The Nature of Dentofacial Deformity
1. Dentofacial Problems: Prevalence and Treatment Need
2. The Development of Dentofacial Deformity: Influences and Etiologic Factors
3. Psychosocial Aspects of Dentofacial Deformity and its Treatment
PART 2: Diagnostic and Treatment Planning Approaches
4. Evaluation of Facial Soft Tissues
5. Diagnosis: Gathering and Organizing the Appropriate Information
6. Treatment Planning: Optimizing Benefit to the Patient
7. Combining Surgery and Orthodontics: Who Does What, When?
PART 3: Surgical Treatment
8. Principles of Surgical Management of Dentofacial Deformity
9. Maxillary Surgery
10. Mandibular Surgery
11. Combining Surgical Procedures in the Mandible and Maxilla
12. Maxillofacial Distraction Osteogenesis
13. Adjunctive Esthetic Surgery
PART 4: Clinical Treatment
15. Mandibular Deficiency
16. Long-Face Problems
17. Class III Problems
18. Dentofacial Asymmetry
PART 5: Dentofacial Treatment: Outcomes and Special Considerations
19. Physiologic Responses to Treatment and Postsurgical Stability
20. Prevention and Management of Complications
Author: David M Sarver, William R Proffit, Raymond P White
Publishing year: 2008
Condition: Brand New
Shipping Method & Delivery Time:
Order will be shipped from India by registered post only which does not provide online tracking and may take 10-20 days to deliver depending upon the location and the customs clearance.